Buying a home will most likely be one of the largest investments you will ever make, so it is important that the process is smooth. Working with an anonymous lender you find online could lead to potential issues throughout the course of your loan. That’s why it is important that you work with someone who you trust to hold your needs above all else. Working with a local lender has a number of advantages:
- Authenticity – When you work with a local lender, you can be sure that they are who they say they are. Often times, a local lender will have referral sources and testimonials for your review.
- Personalization – As they should, local lenders will look at each borrower as an individual with their own specific needs and wants. Local lenders will make you feel like they are by your side through the entire process, which is especially important for first time homebuyers.
- Face to face interaction – If you work with an online lender, you will probably never meet them face to face. Sometimes, you won’t even be able to reach them via phone. A local lender will often times video chat with you, or have you come into the office so that they can really get to know you and your specific situation on a personal level.
- Quick response rate – Local lenders are usually much better at communicating with you. They will be readily available and be there to answer any and all questions you may have along the way.
- Area expertise – This one’s a no brainer. Local lenders will be far more familiar with the areas around them and the states that they are licensed in. They will have experience and knowledge on certain things such as neighborhoods, school districts, and crime rates.
- Experience with local realtors – This gives you a major advantage because the lender and the agent can work closely to ensure that you have a competitive offer when it comes time to buy, and that they are both on the same page so nothing prevents you from closing.
- Customer experience– We live in the era of customer experience! It is extremely important for people to feel like they are being well taken care of. It’s always a good idea to check out online reviews before choosing your lender. Here are a few we recommend: Social Survey, Yelp, and Google.
- Special loan programs / products – Local lenders can often times provide different loan products and programs that many larger lending companies don’t have.
- In house team – A local lender should have a team of experts that are also local, including a mortgage planner, a processor, an underwriter, and a closer. Having an entire team in house working together to fix any issues that come up can prove to be very important to closing on time.
- Community involvement – Local lenders care a lot about their community, getting involved in neighborhood events, and supporting other local businesses.
As your local lender, Apex Home Loans, exhibits all of these key advantages to making sure you close clean, on time, and with the care and attention you deserve. After all, we are “Local. Experienced. Independent.”
local lender Montgomery County, MD,
quality local lender,
lender in Montgomery County, MD,
get a great home loan